My family moved to 63rd and Garfield in Wauwatosa, WI in 1977. My early years growing up in East Tosa were fun filled and wonderful. I remember extraordinary neighbors, visits to the Tosa Variety Candy Store on 69th and North and learning to ride my bike with my big brother on the playground of Washington Elementary, where I went to grade school. I learned to roller skate in the roller rink at St. Pius X, our family parish. In my early teens I attended Longfellow Middle School back when it only had 7th and 8th grade. I went to high school at Wauwatosa East where I did a stint with the cross-country and track teams, marched in the school band at Hart Park, and performed in many plays with the school theater troupe and my first elected office was as president of the Tosa East Players!
Around this time my family moved to the other side of North Avenue near 67th and Meinecke. It was at East that I had my first political experiences. The first was when I volunteered to help the campaign of a friend’s Dad who was running for County Supervisor. I also had a civics teacher, John Helmenstein, who brought in all of the 1992 Wauwatosa Mayoral candidates to speak to our class. I remember “debating” with one that I felt North Avenue or the Village was the true heart and soul business district of Wauwatosa while he felt that Mayfair Road was. In the end we agreed to disagree….but he didn’t win the election.
When I reached college age I got to experience life living outside of Wauwatosa, first living in Gurnee IL while I worked at Great America, then as a college student at UWM living on the East Side of Milwaukee. I still made weekly visits to the free laundromat in my parent’s Wauwatosa basement.
In 1995 I met my future wife Nicki at the Lutheran Home for the Aging on 76th and North while meeting some mutual friends that worked with her there for an outing. In 1999 we were married, and in 2002 shortly after the birth of our first son we decided we wanted to raise our family in Wauwatosa. We have made our home in East Tosa…again…ever since. We now have 4 boys, one each at Roosevelt, Longfellow, and Tosa East and one still at home.
- Magna Cum Laude Graduate with a B.S. in Community Engagement and Education from the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee
- Former Executive in the Restaurant and Commercial Foodservice Industry with 20 years of progressive management experience
- Organized first annual Clean and Green to help clean up North Avenue
- Former member Board of Directors for VISIT Milwaukee
- Proud Roosevelt, Longfellow, and Tosa East Parent, active PTA member and school volunteer
- Former Member and current volunteer- City of Wauwatosa Civic Celebration Commission
- Former Board member Wauwatosa Village Improvement District
- Founder of the Friends of Center Street Park
- Co-Founder Q and Brew- Annual backyard BBQ and Homebrew Competition