Heart Safe Tosa
Heart Safe Tosa Steps to Success
- The Wauwatosa Fire Department will train citizens in hands only CPR (can be taught in 6 minutes) and AED use. For more information contact Division Chief Chris Sandoval at 414-471-8490 or email .
- Agreements will be developed with the private and public sector to make AEDs readily available. * Note – Drone AEDs are not yet available J
- The Wauwatosa Fire Department will collaborate with the Wauwatosa Health Department to train the public to recognize the signs of a heart attack and to activate the 911 System right away.
- The 911 dispatcher will initiate a Fire Department paramedic response while simultaneously notifying participating citizens of the need for CPR and an AED via PulsePoint app. More information can be found at PulsePoint.org | PulsePoint Respond
- Citizens will receive the PulsePoint notification resulting in their going to the scene so they can initiate CPR and an AED shock prior to arrival of the paramedics.
- Thanks to the early CPR and shock the patient’s heart beat and respirations are already restored when the paramedics arrive to stabilize and transport.
- Success stories result as more ‘Sudden Cardiac Arrest’ victims survive the event and are able to leave the hospital and return to their families and lives.