Drop Off Center
The Drop-off Center is located at 11100 W. Walnut Road. Enter Walnut Road off of N. 116th Street. Do not use the entrance from Mayfair Road.
Hours of Operation
- Tuesdays 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
- Saturday 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
How To Purchase A Permit
Summer Hours of Operation
- April 1 to August 31
- Tuesdays 7:30 am - 7:00 pm
- Saturday 7:30 am - 4:30 pm
Permits can be purchased at the following locations:
Drop off Center Permits
|City of Wauwatosa
7725 W. North Ave.
Wauwatosa, WI 53213
Monday-Friday- 8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Credit, Cash, and Checks are accepted. (Discover, Visa, Mastercard)
|Department of Public Works
Attendant Station (Entrance to drop off center)
11100 W. Walnut Rd.
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
Tuesday- 7:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Saturdays- 7:30- 4:00 p.m.
Credit, Cash, and Checks are accepted at the Drop off Yard office. (Discover, Visa, MasterCard)
Single Use Permit: $5
- A standard passenger vehicle
- If you have a trailer attached to your vehicle the fee is $5 for each axle on the trailer. For example:
- A loaded pickup and a one axle trailer would require two permits, a $10 fee
- A loaded pickup and two axle trailer would require three permits, a $15 fee
Annual Yard Waste Only Permit $20
If you purchase this permit, it is good for one year, and allows you to dispose of:
You cannot use this permit to dispose of:
- Branches under 6 inches in diameter
- Soft plant material
Drop Off Items
- Branches over six inches in diameter
|residential clean fill in small amounts (less than a cubic yard), bricks, dirt, sod, concrete, sand, and stone.
|residential garbage, including bulky furniture and carpeting
|recyclable items excluding appliances and tires (see fee structure)
|residential yard waste including brush, branches, leaves, and logs
| Televisions: Any size flat screen or tube TV, other than listed below
Projection TV's or wood cabinet TV's (any size), broken tube TV's
| Automobile tires
| Tires over 16 inches in diameter
Rules & Regulations
- This permit is for household use only, not commercial
- This permit is only valid for the resident whose driver's license matches the address on the permit
- Material dependent fees as described above also apply
- One annual yard waste permit covers one household
- A valid Wisconsin drivers license with a current Wauwatosa address is required to enter the Drop Off Center or purchase any permit
- No refunds will be given for unused permits
- We are not responsible for lost permits
For more information, please contact the Department of Public Works Operations Division at
(414) 471-8422. | Email