Suicide Prevention: Know the Warning Signs
- Date: 05/15/2019 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Location: Firefly Room - Wauwatosa Public Library
7635 W. North Ave.
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin 53213
The Wauwatosa Health Department is hosting Suicide Prevention: Know the Warning Signs, a special event is for youth ages 12-18, from 3 to 5 p.m. on Wednesday, May 15, at the Wauwatosa Public Library's Firefly Room. There will be a screening of "Hoan Alone: Personal Stories from the Bridge," a short, animated documentary that explores the issues of the bridge and suicide through three intimate interviews. It will be followed by a discussion with filmmaker Aaron Johnson.
The last hour of the event will be Question, Persuade, Refer (QPR) Suicide Prevention Training:
- How to Question, Persuade and Refer someone who may be suicidal
- How to get help for yourself or learn more about preventing suicide
- The common causes of suicidal behavior
- The warning signs of suicide
- How to get help for someone in crisis
For more information on the teen session, follow the Facebook event.
There will be an additional session for adults 18+ from 5:30 to 7:30, featuring the movie, discussion with the filmmaker, and a presentation by Dr. Barbara Moser, chair of Prevent Suicide Greater Milwaukee. For more information, follow that Facebook event.
May is Mental Health Awareness Month. Click here for events held by Tosa Health Dept.