Child visits firehouse to thank crew who saved her
Firefighters and paramedics saved three-year-old Charlie from choking.
The Wauwatosa Fire Department was honored to receive a visit from 3 year old Charleen and her mother. Just two weeks ago “Charlie," as she is called by her family, was choking on some food when caregivers called 9-1-1. The first arriving firefighters and paramedics said she had stopped breathing and already turned blue from the chest up due to an airway blockage.
Wauwatosa Fire Department personnel quickly assessed the situation and were able to get Charlie breathing again. She was transported to Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin where she received further treatment and was released early the next morning.
This is a great example of the amazing work our firefighters and paramedics perform every day. Not every call we go on has a happy ending, so these visits help remind us why we do what we do.