Welcome! Below you will find news articles updating you on the milestones of major public construction projects, such as reconstruction underway and also less sporadic updates on smaller projects, such as repaving. You can also sign up to have these updates emailed directly to you through the subscription tool at the bottom of the page.
Underwood & Woodland Update
Post Date:07/19/2018 12:41 PM
Return to full list >>
A great milestone for the Underwood & Woodland construction project.
Here are the significant updates as of July 19:
- The concrete roadway was installed on the 1700 block of Underwood. The remaining items on the 1700 block will be landscaping and street lighting
- A communications conduit will be bored from the southwest corner to the northwest corner of Milwaukee Ave and Underwood Ave. There will be excavations in the sidewalk areas but Milwaukee Ave will remain open to through traffic.
- The north half of the concrete intersection of Underwood and Warren Ave will be installed the week of July 23.
Driveway approaches on the 1800 block will open up mid-day on July 23.
- Concrete sidewalk work will occur on the 1900 block of Underwood the week of July 23.
- Storm sewer installation is currently progressing to the north on the 2000 block of Underwood.
- Storm sewer installation is currently progressing west and approaching the intersection of Forest and Woodland. This intersection will be closed the next 3-5 days. Pleasant St intersection to follow.
- As a general rule, equipment with tires can be moved. If access is blocked, please make an effort to contact the construction crew and kindly ask for a piece of equipment to be temporarily moved to provide the necessary access.