Village Construction Update
The final pavement was laid in early November. It’s a much smoother ride on State St. from 68th to 74th. The remaining orange cones represent areas in which we’re working:
- The final pavement markings are being placed.
- We’ll finish the fencing near the railroad track. There are only a few sections remaining.
- Our contractor is finishing sidewalk along State St., so that all pedestrian crossings are ADA accessible, and there is a consistent sidewalk on the north and south sides of State St.
- We continue to work on the new pedestrian crossing at 74th and State.
Root Common and Pocket Park
- The stage within Root Common Park is being assembled this week. Be sure to attend the Holiday Tree Lighting in Pocket Park on November 30, 5:30 – 7:30 pm.
Look for another email update from us in early December to outline progress and remaining items in Spring 2019.