5 Ways to Prevent Package Theft
Wauwatosa Police Department shares ways to protect your packages
Officer Mike McDermott shares some tips on preventing package thefts from your home this holiday season:
- Consider installing a security camera at your home.
- Ask a trusted neighbor to receive a package for you.
- Use the shipping company's app to reschedule your delivery, or reroute it to a different address. You may incur a small fee using this service.
- Use an Amazon locker instead of having the package delivered to your door.
- If using the postal service, put a hold on your package.
Also, please keey an eye out in your neighborhood for cars following delivery trucks, people walking up and down driveways, or other suspicious behavior. Our officers are on patrol every day. If you see something suspicious, call our Police non-emergency phone number: (414) 471-8430.