Let's Talk about Spinach
Learn about the health benefits, ways to prepare it, and shopping tips
- Serve in soup
- Bake into egg dishes
- Serve in salad with feta cheese and strawberries
- Use in vegetable lasagna
- Make green smoothies
- Loaded with Vitamins A, C, and K, as well as folate, iron, and other essential minerals.
- Benefits eye health, reduces oxidative stress, helps prevent cancer and reduce blood pressure levels
- Spinach is widely available through the colder months.
- Although it is one of the healthiest foods, it is consistently ranked high on the list of the most pesticide-laden fruits and vegetables. Buy organic when possible.
See this month's flyer.
To see the Harvest of the Month from other months, visit www.wauwatosa/harvest.