Kids to Parks Day: May 18
Wauwatosa is teaming up with many local organizations to host a day of fun-filled activities in Hart Park
Kids to Parks Day – celebrated annually on the third Saturday of May – is a national day of play that connects kids and families with their local, state, and national parks. Wauwatosa is teaming up with many local organizations to host a day of fun-filled activities in Hart Park.
Walk or bike to Hart Park on Saturday, May 18. Enter Hart Park at 70th St. and State St. to be closest to the action.
Here are some of the highlighted activities. Follow the Facebook event for updates:
- The always popular Bike Rodeo is a one-stop shop for all bikers. Register your bike with the Police Department. The Bike Federation of WI will get your bike ready for the season with tune-ups and repairs.
- Soccer, tennis, and kickball for people with all abilities. Learn adaptive sport techniques in competitive games with The Ability Center.
- Sidewalk chalk, hula hoops, and four square, lovingly named "Old School" games.
- Stop by the information booth to pick up your "Park Trivia BINGO" to learn about Wauwatosa parks.
- Grace Girls will be running a mother and daughter bootcamp. Bring your energy and do it together!
- Touch a fire truck! We'll bring one of our big rigs for you to see up close.
Download your BINGO cards and explore the parks before the event. Upload your BINGO photos Kids to Parks Facebook event, and bring your BINGO card to the event for prizes.
Read Mayor Kathy Ehley's proclamation of Kids to Parks Day 2019.
Thank you to our partners:
All Hands Boatworks
Bicycle Federation of Wisconsin
Children’s Hospital and Project Ujima
Friends of Hart Park
Hoppe Tree Service
Inner Light Yoga Studios
Ruckus and Glee
The Ability Center
The Miracle League of Milwaukee
Tosa Block Party
Tosa Skateboarders United
Wauwatosa Bicycle & Pedestrian Facilities Committee
Wauwatosa Board of Parks and Forestry
Wauwatosa Youth Commission
West Suburban YMCA
Wauwatosa Blazers LaCrosse
Wauwatosa Committee for Citizens with Disabilities
Wauwatosa East and West Youth Football
Wauwatosa East High School Tennis team