Where Can I Have a Fire Pit in Wauwatosa?
Fire pits are great additions to backyards. Just make sure you're following these fire safety rules, including the placement of your fire pit.
Fire Pits at Residential Properties
Whether you already have a fire pit or are planning to add one, we recommend investing some effort into reviewing fire pit safety.
Yes, you can have a fire pit in Wauwatosa. Placement is especially important. Make sure the ground is level. Your fire pit must be at least 25 feet from any structure, trees, or shrubbery and not near any dry grass, weeds, or other combustible material.
Our Fire Department also recommends the following safety measures:
- All openings in the container must be covered with screening that will prevent the passage of embers or sparks.
- Fire pits must be under constant supervision by a responsible person.
- A fire extinguisher, garden hose or other means of extinguishment must be readily available.
- Position chairs so people can move without risking tumbling into the fire.
- When you're done with your fire, douse it properly.