Wisconsin DOT Plans Work on I-41 from Burleigh Street to Good Hope Road
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation is planning roadway and bridge rehabilitation on I-41, from Burleigh Street to Good Hope Road in Milwaukee County. Read full details.
The project also includes improvements to these areas:
- Signal upgrades to allow pedestrian push buttons and crosswalks in all four (4) quadrants of the Silver Spring Drive and Lover’s Lane Intersection
- Addition of monotubes to allow a signal head over each lane in all three intersections
- Geometric improvements to remove the negative Left Turn Lane Offset at the Silver Spring Drive and Lover’s Lane intersection
- Improvement of the turning radius on the northwest corner of the I-41 southbound ramp terminal to assist trucks with turning movements
- Extension of the Left Turn Lane from Silver Spring Drive eastbound to I-41 northbound to provide additional storage
- A signal will be added at the Good Hope Road northbound exit ramp. Currently there is no signal at this intersection
Construction on I-41 is currently scheduled for 2021. The WI DOT encourages you to provide comments or ask questions during the design phase. Please feel free to contact the project representatives below.
Georgia Vergou-Ornek, WisDOT Project Manager
Dan Sellers, WisDOT Communications