Wisconsin DOT Plans Work on I-41 from Burleigh Street to Good Hope Road
In the design phase, you can provide comments and ask questions about the project
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation is planning roadway and bridge rehabilitation on I-41, from Burleigh Street to Good Hope Road in Milwaukee County. Read full details.
The project also includes improvements to these areas:
- Signal upgrades to allow pedestrian push buttons and crosswalks in all four (4) quadrants of the Silver Spring Drive and Lover’s Lane Intersection
- Addition of monotubes to allow a signal head over each lane in all three intersections
- Geometric improvements to remove the negative Left Turn Lane Offset at the Silver Spring Drive and Lover’s Lane intersection
- Improvement of the turning radius on the northwest corner of the I-41 southbound ramp terminal to assist trucks with turning movements
- Extension of the Left Turn Lane from Silver Spring Drive eastbound to I-41 northbound to provide additional storage
- A signal will be added at the Good Hope Road northbound exit ramp. Currently there is no signal at this intersection
Construction on I-41 is currently scheduled for 2021. The WI DOT encourages you to provide comments or ask questions during the design phase. Please feel free to contact the project representatives below.
Georgia Vergou-Ornek, WisDOT Project Manager
Dan Sellers, WisDOT Communications