Ways to Watch Live Mural Installations
Six murals will be installed July 15 – 30 on North Avenue in Wauwatosa
Between July 16 and July 30, six murals will be installed on North Avenue in Wauwatosa.
The artists and their mural locations are:
- Christina Thomas of Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, who will be painting a mural on the Heartland Information Services building
- Dan Leonard of Ireland, who will be painting a mural on Cranky Al’s
- Eric Ricks of Liberia (now a resident of Maryland), who will be painting a 3D anamorphic mural on the Nobleman
- Ivan Roque of Miami, Florida who will be painting a wall on TosaYoga
- Adam Hernandez of Columbus, Ohio who will be painting the BelAir Cantina
- Matthew Mederer and Max Komorov, a Chicago-based graff crew who have a very special surprise in store for the Voline gas station
Here are ways to follow the mural installations:
- It’s a walkable route. Come to East Tosa and see murals on North Avenue from 69th to 65th Street.
- The 69th St. Plaza (corner of 69th St. and North Avenue - see photo on right) will be a prime spot to watch multiple artists throughout the two weeks. Hang out at the picnic benches and big chairs at the public plaza, and you’ll be able to see murals installed on Voline, Cranky Al’s, and the Nobleman.
- Sit on the Wauwatiki patio with a perfect view of the Heartland Information Services building and the mural by Wauwatosa-based artist Christina Thomas.
- Meet the artist who traveled the farthest: Dan Leonard is from Ireland and will be installing a mural on Cranky Al’s south wall.
- Fuel up on tacos at Bel Air and then see their south wall’s mural come to life.
- A short and leisurely Bublr Bike ride will get you from mural start to finish very easily.
- Watch Wauwatosa’s social media for Facebook live video, time lapse video, and artist features.
- Attend the NoMAD Mural Unveiling Celebration on July 22, 6 - 7 :30 pm at the 69th St. Plaza.
The approximate timelines of the individual mural locations (subject to artists’ schedule and weather):
- Tosa Yoga, July 15 - 21
- Voline Station, July 15 - 30
- Nobleman, July 15 - 30
- Cranky Al’s, July 17 – 23
- Bel Air Cantina, July 20 - 30
- Heartland Information Services, July 16 - 30
There is a seventh mural coming to North Avenue on the east wall of Alfa's Flowers. This particular mural is sponsored by TripSavvy.
Week 1 Progress
This project is a tourism initiative funded through hotel/motel tax revenue, not property tax dollars.
We’re thankful to our presenting sponsors: Residence Inn, Sherman Williams, and Bel Air Cantina. Our supporting sponsors include: Radisson Hotel and Hyatt Place. Ray's Wine & Spirits is donating water and soft drinks to the artists.