Preview the Week of October 7 Meetings
Committees meet this week to discuss the proposed operating budget. Plus, a number of public hearings will be at Plan Commission
Standing Council Committees meet at City Hall in the Committee meeting rooms located on the 2nd floor on the second and last Tuesday of each month. Committee start times can vary. All meetings are open to the public. Public comment is welcome in discussions at the committee level at the discretion of the committee chair.
Draft agendas are posted on Friday evenings, and final agendas are posted the day before a meeting. You can view all meetings, minutes, and videos of certain meetings online.
Notable topics during the week of October 7 include:
- Plan Commission (October 7, 6:00 pm) will discuss a zoning map amendment to Special Purpose District - Conservation at approximately 9200 Watertown Plank Road. There are also four public hearings:
- Black Twig Bakery - for a conditional use at 1501 Underwood Avenue for an eating establishment
- Uptown Motors - for a conditional use at 1501 N Mayfair Rd for outdoor storage of automobiles
- Nick Kent, PRA, LLP - for a conditional use at 7500 Milwaukee Avenue for addition for the East High School aquatic center
- Thermal Services - for a conditional use at 9250 Watertown Plan Road for a thermal process water well
- Government Affairs (October 8, 6:00 pm) will discuss the ordinance review project part 2 modernization and a modification to compensation plan to allow new hires at appropriate grades
- Transportation Affairs (October 8, 7:00 pm) will review two 90-day trials of parking modifications and a request to modify parking regulations on Blue Mound Road immediately east of Pleasant View Street
- Financial Affairs (October 8, 7:30 pm) will review the Development Department organizational assessment report and the proposed 2020 Operating Budget
- Community Affairs (October 8, 7:30 pm) will review a planned unit development at 1401 and 1421 N Mayfair Road for a hotel and restaurant (Staybridge Suites). They will also review a preliminary planned unit development approval extension for 6300, 6410, and 6442 River Parkway