Preview the Week of October 21 Meetings
A special meeting of the Financial Affairs Committee where they discuss the 2020 budget
We are in the process of developing the operating and capital budgets. Our operating budget represents day-to-day expenses, wages, utilities, and purchases of items intended to last less than a year. The capital budget includes infrastructure, city property, and long-term equipment purchases.
This week there is a special meeting of the Financial Affairs Committee (Tuesday, October 22, 7 pm) to continue their discussions on the 2020 operating budget. Specifically, they will review the department narratives related to police, fire, and public works as well as major revenue and expenditure changes to the operating budget.
Follow the discussions online in the Meeting Portal or in person:
- Tuesday, October 22 – Special Meeting of the Financial Affairs, to complete review of the 2020 budget, consider any proposed changes and vote on recommending the proposed budget to Council
- Thursday, October 24 – Special Meeting of the Financial Affairs, only as needed
- Tuesday, October 29 – Financial Affairs, Introduction and overview of Capital budget
- Tuesday, November 5 – Common Council, public hearing on the 2020 Operating and Capital budgets
- Tuesday, November 19 – Common Council, 2020 Operating and Capital Budget Adoption