Draft Capital Improvements Plan Published
Preview the proposed construction and infrastructure projects for the next five years
What is the Capital Improvements Program?
Each year we publish a Capital Improvements Program which details the proposed construction and infrastructure projects for the next five years.
Although we plan five years ahead, we focus most on the projects in the upcoming year.
What are some of the proposed 2020 projects?
- We're proposing to pave Wauwatosa Avenue (from Garfield Avenue to Milwaukee Avenue) in 2020 and replace the aging and smaller utilities with larger ones. Sign up for construction email news to receive updates throughout the project.
- We plan to install more pedestrian crossing signals, specifically at Harwood and Harmonee in 2020. We will also place more flashing beacons at locations based on our GIS analysis of which intersections would benefit from them.
- Swan Park Neighborhood Phase II involves replacing old utilities underneath the street and reconstructing the road, driveway approaches, curb & gutter.
- We are recommending replacement of the field turf at Hart Park football stadium. Field turf has a life expectancy of about 10 years, and it was installed in 2008. Our inspection in 2019 indicated that the field will need replacement in 2020.
How can I participate?
You can attend meetings and/or watch the discussion in the Meeting Portal. Below are the upcoming dates related to the operating and capital budgets.
- Tuesday, October 29 – Financial Affairs, Introduction and overview of Capital budget
- Tuesday, November 5 – Common Council, public hearing on the 2020 Operating and Capital budgets
- Tuesday, November 12 - Financial Affairs review of the Capital Budget
- Tuesday, November 19 – Common Council, 2020 Operating and Capital Budget Adoption