Preview the Week of February 10 Meetings
Committees meet this week to discuss River Parkway Apartments, neighborhood traffic studies, panhandling, and limiting single use plastic straws
Standing Council Committees meet at City Hall in the Committee meeting rooms located on the 2nd floor on the second and last Tuesday of each month. Committee start times can vary. All meetings are open to the public. Public comment is welcome in discussions at the committee level at the discretion of the committee chair.
Draft agendas are posted on Friday evenings, and final agendas are posted the day before a meeting. You can view all meetings, minutes, and videos of certain meetings online.
Notable topics during the week of February 10 include:
- Plan Commission (February 10, 6:00 pm) will discuss a Certified Survey Map at 6440-6442 River Parkway, a public hearing to reestablish hospital uses in the former Heart Hospital, and a public hearing for 6927 West North Avenue for an eating establishment (FreshFin Poke)
- Government Affairs (February 11, 6:30 pm) will review a beer and wine license by Black Twig Bakery and consider an ordinance limiting the use of single use plastic straws
- Transportation Affairs (February 11, 6:30 pm) will review results of a neighborhood traffic program and consider an ordinance to remove required reasons for overnight parking
- Financial Affairs (February 11, 7:30 pm) will discuss a contract for construction inspection and survey services
- Community Affairs (February 11, 7:30 pm) will review a request for a planned unit development amendment at 11220 West Burleigh for signage at the Mayfair Collection and will discuss legal issues surrounding panhandling enforcement