Preview Construction Projects Happening in the Next 5 Years
View a map of construction projects in your area and learn how to follow updates
Do you want to know when construction is planned in your area? We propose construction projects five years out and created a map featuring the more significant and public-facing construction projects. View the five-year map of proposed construction. You can also download the full Capital Improvements Plan - a detailed document about all of the projects in our capital budget.
It is important to note that construction is planned five years out; however, the Common Council approves the budget for only the upcoming year of projects. There are times that we delay a project based on our budget or other factors.
Construction in 2020
- We are paving Wauwatosa Avenue (from Garfield Avenue to Milwaukee Avenue) in 2020 and replace the aging and smaller utilities with larger ones. Sign up for construction email news to receive updates throughout the project.
- Swan Park Neighborhood Phase II involves replacing old utilities underneath the street and reconstructing the road, driveway approaches, curb & gutter.
- You'll notice several improvements to Hart Park, including resurfacing the tennis courts, replacing the turf at the stadium, and some upgrades to public restrooms.
How to follow construction news
- Sign up for our general construction news email list or a specific project like Swan Park Neighborhood
- Follow our Facebook and Twitter for notifications about road closures related to construction
- Look at upcoming agendas on the Meeting Portal for discussion about upcoming construction