Re-Opening Wauwatosa: Local Order Expires May 21
Resources for businesses and individuals as we re-open our community
The current order, Order #1, issued by the Suburban Milwaukee Health Officers is set to expire at 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, May 21, 2020. No further city-wide order will be issued at this time. All remaining businesses will be allowed to open, if they choose to, utilizing the CDC and WEDC’s Safe Business Practices and Physical Distancing and Protective Measures for staff and patrons.
Public health leaders have carefully tracked key indicators to guide the safe reopening across the city, county and state. As such, we have outlined recommendations to guide future phases of reopening. Please see the “Suburban Milwaukee County Safe Opening Capacity Guidance” chart.
Key indicators such as health care capacity, total tests performed, contact tracing and isolation capacity, and the availability of personal protective equipment (PPE) will continue to be monitored and can be found on the Milwaukee Milwaukee County of Emergency Management dashboard on the Key Indicators tab (found at the bottom of the dashboard).
Public health officials will continue to monitor these key indicators weekly to provide residents and businesses a realistic, data-driven approach to understanding the current COVID-19 situation. We will communicate to the public regularly via social media and on our website, which phase we are currently in and if we are approaching the transition to a new phase.
The threat of COVID-19 is still very much alive in Wauwatosa, and throughout Southeastern Wisconsin. Wauwatosa Health Department will continue to investigate COVID-19 disease in our community, with a focus on aggressive testing, case identification, and contact tracing.
- Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation guidelines for various business industry openings
- General guidelines
- Entertainment and Amusement Services
- Gym & Fitness Facilities
- Hair and Nail Salons
- Outdoor Gatherings
- Outdoor Recreation
- Professional Services
- Public Facilities
- Restaurants & Bars
- Retail Services
- Warehouse & Wholesale Trades
- Window sign (see image to the right) - download a window sign for your Wauwatosa business to demonstrate your health safety practices
- "Tosa Restarts" - financial assistance program opening soon for Wauwatosa small businesses
- "Food Scoop" - a food safety newsletter assembled by the Wauwatosa Health Department for local businesses
- Other business resources
- Think you have COVID-19 symptoms? Complete an online self-assessment through the Wisconsin Health Department.
- Find a COVID-19 testing site
- Donate blood - find a center near you
- Wauwatosa Senior Center - call (414) 471-8495 with questions about senior resources
- Tosa Cares Food Pantry
Personal protective measures for us all
- Consult your primary doctor
- Maintaining physical distancing between people not residing in your household
- Washing hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Covering coughs or sneezes (into the sleeve or elbow, not hands)
- Regularly cleaning high-touch surfaces
- Not shaking hands