Preview Agendas for the Week of June 29
Topics this week include the budget, policy, and deployment of body worn cameras for the police department; a citizen oversight committee; and a five-year forecast of the City's General Fund
Meetings may be conducted in-person with optional virtual attendance as a result of the June 9, 2020 resolution of the Wauwatosa Common Council. In-person attendance by members of the public will be limited pursuant to the Wauwatosa Health Officer's May 18, 2020 "Suburban Milwaukee County Safe Opening Capacity Guidance", which at this time limits in-person gatherings to fifty or fewer persons.
During COVID-19, see which city services are available online, via mail or phone. Members of the public may view agendas, videos of city meetings, and minutes in the Meeting Portal.
Notable topics this week during city meetings include:
- Committee of the Whole (June 29, 6:30 pm) will discuss the budget, policy, and deployment of body worn cameras for the Wauwatosa Police department.
- Transportation Affairs (June 30, 6:00 pm) will discuss the Bicycle and Pedestrian Facilities Committee's and Department of Public Works' annual reports.
- Government Affairs (June 30, 6:30 pm) will consider changing a couple of polling locations for the August and November 2020 elections, consider the recommendation by the Equity and Inclusion Commission for the City of Wauwatosa to adopt the Metropolitan Milwaukee Association of Commerce (MMAC) pledge to "Make Milwaukee a
Region of Choice," and discuss allocation of non-safety related services of the Wauwatosa Police Department.
- Community Affairs (June 30, 7:30 pm) will review the Youth Commission Annual Report, draft a communique about the police department and their oversight, and consider a citizen oversight committee for the police department.
- Financial Affairs (June 30, 8:00 pm) will review the Assessor's Annual Report, and hear a report from the Finance Director on the 2021-2025 Five-Year General Fund Forecast.