Scam Calls Related to Overdue Water Bills
The City of Wauwatosa does not call customers for any bill payment
City of Wauwatosa water utility customers have reported receiving fraudulent calls from individuals claiming to be City representatives demanding payment for overdue bills.
The City of Wauwatosa does not call customers for any bill payment. If a scammer is demanding payment, hang up and call our Water Department at (414) 479-8963.
If you have an overdue account, you'll notice this on your quarterly bills. We also send delinquency notices one time each year around October 1. You can always check their balance online at any-time, or you can call our Water Department at (414) 479-8963.
Ways to pay a water bill
- Return enclosed envelope with a check
- Pay online through your bank
- Use Wauwatosa Water Utility online portal. On this website you can check your current balance at any time. You will need your account and house number: https://ipn.paymentus.com/cp/cwwd
- Over the phone: 1-844-804-5569
- At the Treasurer’s Counter at City Hall (7725 W North Avenue) between 8 am - 4:30 pm
- At the secure payment depository at City Hall across from the blue mail box, by the employee entrance