The Tourism Marketing Sponsorship Program is available to offset costs associated with marketing and advertising campaigns that promote Wauwatosa as a tourism destination. These funds are available to any organizations looking to promote tourism amenities or special events in Wauwatosa to day-trippers or tourists. Day trip is defined as an escorted or unescorted tour that lasts less than 24 hours and usually departs and returns on the same day. A tourist is defined as any person who travels either for leisure or business purposes more than 100 miles (round-trip) in a day or who stays overnight away from his/her primary domicile.
Goals of the Program
- Create awareness of tourism-related amenities and special events in the City of Wauwatosa
- Extend reach into targeted and new markets. Target markets must be located outside a 50-mile radius from Wauwatosa and in the continental United States.
- Increase visitors, visitor spending, or overnight stays in the City of Wauwatosa
Who Can Apply
- Any for-profit or not-for-profit organization engaged in the attraction of visitors to Wauwatosa.
- Applicants cannot be awarded funding from both the Tourism Special Events Sponsorship and the Tourism Marketing Sponsorship.
- Any marketing and/or advertising tactic(s) that is utilized to promote out-of-area visitation to Wauwatosa.
- Eligible marketing and advertising tactics may include:
- Print Media
- Digital marketing (excluding website development and Search Engine Marketing)
- Expo, conference or tradeshow booth rental or registration
- Print collateral/direct mail (with approved distribution strategy)
- Campaigns including multiple tactics lasting less than 6 months
- Applicants must provide a dollar-to-dollar match for the amount requested.
- Maximum Award: $3,000
- Minimum Award: $500
- Awardees are required to recognize Discover Wauwatosa as a sponsor of the campaign.
- Awardees must provide metrics and follow-up materials requested by the Tourism Commission regarding the success and reach of the sponsored campaign.