We believe that with the right information and tools, you can be informed and involved in all things Wauwatosa.
Do you have a question about something happening in Wauwatosa? If it is related to your city government, we want to answer your question.
Please submit your question below. We will answer a question each week. We will email a response to you and also post a question and answer here on our website.
Answers to Your Submitted Questions
How early can I claim a spot on North Avenue to watch the parade?
Our Tosa parade is one of the biggest parades in the state, and our goal is to ensure safety and fun for all attendees. You can start to place your chairs at 6 am on the day of the parade. We ask that the responsible person claiming your spot is at least 12 years old. If there are items placed out prior to 6 am, we may collect these items.
I noticed mulch and dirt by Drop Off Center. Is there a charge to purchase?The mulch and dirt at the Drop Off Center is free to Wauwatosa residents. First come, first serve. You can pick it up anytime Monday-Saturday 7:30 am – 4:00pm.
Can moving pods/containers be placed curbside on the street?
Yes – A “Street Occupancy Permit” is required/approved prior to placement of a Storage P.O.D., dumpster, etc.
- The fee is $75 (check payable to “City of Wauwatosa”, cash or credit card).
- Two flashing barricades are required for night-time vision. Barricade Flashing Service (414) 764-1790 can provide if need be.
- Permit is only valid for 7 consecutive days and cannot be renewed.
- You can only place in regular parking areas.
- To obtain permit please call the Engineering Department at (414) 479-8900. A staff member will fill out the permit, and you can pick it up from City Hall.
How often can I hold a rummage sale?You can hold a rummage sale a maximum of three times a year for a maximum duration of three days per occurrence. Read the full ordinance.
What do you accept at the Drop Off Center?
We can accept a range of items: clean fill, such as bricks, dirt, and sod; garbage including furniture and carpeting; recyclable items like appliances and tires; and yard waste.
See the Drop Off Center webpage for a full list of what we accept and what kind of permit you might need.