We believe that with the right information and tools, you can be informed and involved in all things Wauwatosa.
Do you have a question about something happening in Wauwatosa? If it is related to your city government, we want to answer your question.
Please submit your question below. We will answer a question each week. We will email a response to you and also post a question and answer here on our website.
Answers to Your Submitted Questions
I noticed mulch and dirt by Drop Off Center. Is there a charge to purchase?The mulch and dirt at the Drop Off Center is free to Wauwatosa residents. First come, first serve. You can pick it up anytime Monday-Saturday 7:30 am – 4:00pm.
Can moving pods/containers be placed curbside on the street?
Yes – A “Street Occupancy Permit” is required/approved prior to placement of a Storage P.O.D., dumpster, etc.
- The fee is $75 (check payable to “City of Wauwatosa”, cash or credit card).
- Two flashing barricades are required for night-time vision. Barricade Flashing Service (414) 764-1790 can provide if need be.
- Permit is only valid for 7 consecutive days and cannot be renewed.
- You can only place in regular parking areas.
- To obtain permit please call the Engineering Department at (414) 479-8900. A staff member will fill out the permit, and you can pick it up from City Hall.
How often can I hold a rummage sale?You can hold a rummage sale a maximum of three times a year for a maximum duration of three days per occurrence. Read the full ordinance.