A sign application is required for any proposed commercial signage. In addition, any new or alteration to a freestanding or monument sign will require approval from the Design Review Board.
*Please note, a non-conforming sign must be made conforming if a face change is the result of new ownership or tenancy.
$50 plan review fee; $120 permit fee
In order to avoid any delays in the processing of your application, please provide the following at the time of submittal:
- Completed Application for Sign Permit
- Two sets of scale drawings of the site plan showing the proposed location of signs, landscaping, and lighting
- Two sets of scale drawings of the sign detailing all dimensions, construction, height above grade, type of illumination, and lettering and graphics as they will appear on the sign
- Samples of colors and materials—the use of white backgrounds on illuminated signs should be minimal—not more than 25% suggested. Samples are required only for freestanding or monument sign submittals.
- Photograph(s) of existing signs and of the buildings on which signs will be placed
- 50.00 check for application
- Written permission of the building owner
Design Review Board
Freestanding / Monument permanent signs (new or structurally modified) must be submitted to the Design Review Board. The Design Review Board meets at 7:00 pm on the first and third Thursday of each month at City Hall. Attendance at the meeting is required.
All application materials must be received by Friday prior to the meeting.
Temporary Signs such as commercial real estate or construction signs require only the $50.00 permit fee and a complete Application for Sign Permit.
For more information, please email the Building & Safety Division or call (414) 479-8907.