We focus on preservation of property values as it relates to aesthetics and property maintenance.
This is no easy task, as what may be aesthetically pleasing to some may not be to others. In addition, problem sites may take over a year for compliance if court action is required. Throughout the entire year, our inspector receives and investigates complaints and obtains compliance through the issuance of orders, and if needed, through the issuance of citations. Duties include:
- Providing information to residents on maintaining their property
- Enforcing the Property Maintenance Code, Sign Code and Fence Code
- Conducting preliminary sign reviews for proposed projects
- Performing on-site inspections to insure compliance with codes and ordinances
- Maintaining records and conditions of properties
- Preparing comprehensive summaries for aldermanic and administrative review
- Obtaining compliance through personal contact, written notices and legal due process
- Representing the City in court proceedings relevant to citations issued
Property Maintenance Complaint Form
Complete and submit the Property Maintenance Service Request form. We do not accept incomplete forms or anonymous complaints.
View a status report of submitted complaint forms.
For more information, please email us.