How Wauwatosa is Prepared to Respond to COVID-19

Wauwatosa routinely plans, trains, and exercises with partner agencies on responses to pandemics or infectious diseases. We are monitoring developments related to COVID-19 as they happen. Learn about city services available online or by mail.


Voter Registration

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option


  • You must be a citizen of the United States.
  • You must be a resident of Wauwatosa who has resided at the address you are registering from for at least 10 consecutive days prior to an election.
  • You must be at least 18 years of age on Election Day.

How to register

  • All persons registering to vote are required to provide proof of residence showing current name and current Wauwatosa address.
  • Register online at the MyVote website,
  • Download the registration form (EL-131) from the Wisconsin Elections Commission website; mail it to the City Clerk's Office, 7725 W. North Avenue, Wauwatosa, WI 53213.
  • Register at the City Clerk’s office Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm; the office is open until 5:00 pm the Friday before an election (there is no in-person registration at the Clerk's office the day before an election).
  • Register at the polls on Election Day.
  • Electors are not required to register prior to each election. You only need to register if you have moved since the last election and have not registered from your new address, or have changed your name since the last election.

Acceptable Proof of Residence

  • Current and valid Wisconsin Driver’s license or Wisconsin identification card.
  • Current utility bill for a period not earlier than 90 days before an election (electronic copy is acceptable).
  • Other official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit.
  • Current bank statement (electronic copy is acceptable).
  • Current government check or payroll check.
  • Other official government document.
  • Real estate tax bill or receipt for the current year or the year preceding the date of the election.
  • Residential lease which is effective for a period that includes Election Day (not for first-time voters registering by mail).
  • A college, university or technical college identification card (with photo) and a fee receipt dated within the last 9 months.
  • Affidavit on public or private social service agency letterhead identifying a homeless voter and describing the individual's residence for voting purposes.

Where do I vote?

Please call the City Clerk’s office at the number below to learn your voting location, or check at the State of Wisconsin’s MyVote website. Your street address determines your voting location.


For more information, please email the City Clerk's Office or call (414) 479-8921.