About the Project
Milwaukee County acquired the property at 6330 W North Avenue in East Tosa pursuant to a tax lien foreclosure in 2014. The property has since remained vacant.
The CDA selected the East Tosa Walk Up proposal and directed staff to negotiate with the developer. Currently, staff and the developer are working out the terms of a development agreement and a closing date for the land sale.
History of Project
- As the current owner of the property, the CDA issued a Request for Proposal (RFP) for redevelopment of the site on June 25, 2018.
- Proposals were due on August 9, 2018 per the Official Notice. The tentative process timeline depicts the review and approval process for submitted proposals.
- The CDA directly notified neighboring properties within 200 feet of the site of the RFP issuance.
- The CDA received three proposals in response to the RFP.
- The CDA met on August 20, 2018 to discuss the meeting process and public involvement during review of the proposals.
- On September 5, 2018, the CDA met to begin their discussion of the three submitted proposals. Following a summary discussion of the process and the proposals, public comment and questions were taken prior to a closed session discussion involving proprietary information. The comments and questions were shared with the developers for answers to be incorporated into their presentations.
- The developers presented their proposals to the CDA on Wednesday, September 12, 2018. The public was able to submit comments / questions via comment cards distributed at the meeting; no public comments were received. Three presentations were given and videos can be found on YouTube:
- The CDA met on Thursday, September 27, 2018 for discussion and possible action regarding the redevelopment proposals. The discussion was held in closed session.
- This webpage will continually be updated with information on the project as things progress. Meeting agendas and minutes for the CDA can be found on the City's Meeting Portal.