About the project
The City of Wauwatosa is replacing aged water and sewer infrastructure and resurfacing Wauwatosa Avenue from Garfield Avenue to Milwaukee Avenue in 2020. Additionally, we are replacing storm sewer with larger pipes to help with stormwater management.
Also included on this project is the resurfacing of Melrose Avenue from 74th to Wauwatosa Avenue.
We can share a rough estimate of this project's timeline. Check back for more updates throughout the project:
- Winter 2019/2020, Gas company work
- February 2020, Contractor is staging equipment on Melrose to prepare for construction on Wauwatosa Avenue
- March 2, 2020, construction start. Wauwatosa Avenue will be closed to traffic through September 1
- September 1, 2020 - Wauwatosa Avenue reopens to traffic, but some construction continues
- November 2020, Work complete
Map of Construction Area
We will be working on Wauwatosa Avenue from Garfield Avenue to Milwaukee Avenue as well as Melrose Avenue between 74th and Wauwatosa Avenue.
Our contractors will stage equipment on adjoining side streets.
The detour route will be Bluemound, North Avenue, and Mayfair Road.
Presentation from Design Open House
Download the .pdf slides from the Design Open House we hosted on November 12, 2019. These slides answer frequently asked questions about the timeline, driveway outages, water laterals, and other construction topics.