Utility and street reconstruction is planned for Underwood and Woodland Avenues beginning in Spring 2018 through Thanksgiving. We plan to replace infrastructure that was originally installed between 1901 and 1922, including:
- Storm sewer
- Sewer main
- Water main
The road will be reconstructed and sidewalks, curbs, and street trees will be replaced as needed.
Note that this work is weather-dependent.
- All concrete roadway work is complete.
- Reminder...even as cool, dry weather sets in, property owners should continue to water new sod over the next month to establish growth.
- Our contractor waters your sod for the first 10 days, and then you are responsible to continue watering the sod.
- Concrete sidewalk along Underwood and Woodland is complete.
- Church St. from Milwaukee Ave. to Rogers Ave. has been two-way traffic throughout this project, but it is now reverting back to its original one-way traffic pattern.
- January 24 - Design Open House
- Early February - Final Design Complete
- Mid-February - Project publicly bid for construction
- March 21, 6 - 8 pm - Project information meeting with residents, city, and contractor
- Late March - Construction begins
- November - Construction ends
- Spring 2019 - Final restoration
To learn more about this project, which is currently in design phase for 2018 construction, please view this YouTube video presentation by Senior Civil Engineer Maggie Anderson.
Contact Maggie Anderson, Senior Civil Engineer, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-479-3444.