Utility and street reconstruction is planned for Underwood and Woodland Avenues beginning in Spring 2018 through Thanksgiving. We plan to replace infrastructure that was originally installed between 1901 and 1922, including:
- Storm sewer
- Sewer main
- Water main
The road will be reconstructed and sidewalks, curbs, and street trees will be replaced as needed.
Note that this work is weather-dependent.
- Rain continues to delay our paving schedule.
- Asphalt paving on Underwood Ave from Warren to Rogers and Woodland Ave from Wauwatosa Ave to Underwood Ave is scheduled for Monday, September 10. Please have cars removed by 7:00 am. This will be a one day operation, and we do not anticipate any overnight driveway outages.
- The contractor will be preparing the surface for asphalt on Friday, September 7.
- The intersection of Rogers and Underwood will be closed Friday, September 7 through the middle of next week.
- Concrete work will be occurring along Woodland at the intersections of Church, Forest and Pleasant over the next week.
- Sod restoration will occur the week of September 17.
- January 24 - Design Open House
- Early February - Final Design Complete
- Mid-February - Project publicly bid for construction
- March 21, 6 - 8 pm - Project information meeting with residents, city, and contractor
- Late March - Construction begins
- November - Construction ends
- Spring 2019 - Final restoration
To learn more about this project, which is currently in design phase for 2018 construction, please view this YouTube video presentation by Senior Civil Engineer Maggie Anderson.
Contact Maggie Anderson, Senior Civil Engineer, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-479-3444.