Are you planning on constructing or modifying any non-building site features on your non-residential property? Examples of features include (but not limited to):
- Parking Layout
- Handicap access to the building
A parking lot/site permit is required. Please contact Jen Stilling, Civil Engineer, at (414) 479-8934 to discuss your project prior to submitting an application.
Submit your application to the Engineering Department with:
- $75 permit fee for original approval, up to 2 acres. $10 for each additional acre.
- $2,500, $5,000 or $10,000 escrow balance for engineering review time based on project size (details below).
- Parking Lot Guidelines
- Parking Lot Permit
- Board of Public Works Application
- Board of Public Works Procedures
Reviewing of your Plans by Engineering Staff
The fee for site plan review is $75 for a site up to two acres ($10 each additional acre) plus a $90 per hour engineering review fee. The hourly engineering review fee will be collected when you submit your application in the form of an agreed upon escrow amount based on the project size and complexity:
- Level 1 ($2,500): Surface parking lot reconfigurations that are within the existing parking lot footprint; parking lot expansions of less than 1,750 square feet; building alterations that are within the existing building footprint and/or building additions of less than 5,000 square feet
- Level 2 ($5,000): Parking lot expansions of greater than 1,750 square feet; building demolition and/or new building construction under 20,000 square feet; development requires public roadway, sanitary, water, and/or storm sewer construction
- Level 3 ($10,000): Building demolition and/or new building construction 20,000 square feet or greater; project includes the construction of a new hotel, multi-family building, school, medical building, or public financing
Our engineering staff reserves the right to assign a level based on project specifics.