Dog & Cat Licensing

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Pet Licensing 

You must license dogs and cats that are:

  • New pets to you
  • New pets in Wauwatosa
  • All dogs and cats once per year. Licenses expire December 31.

Proof of rabies vaccination is required before licenses will be issued. License tags must be attached to a collar, and this collar must be kept on the licensed dog or cat. 

License Availability & Fees

Licenses are available at the Milwaukee Area Domestic Animal Control Commission (MADACC) or at the Treasurer's Office.

License Fee:

Use the chart in the link below to determine the fee for renewing your pet's license:

Pet License Fee Matrix 

MADACC also offers other low-cost services for domestic animals.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer