Wauwatosa Laws Pertaining to Dogs and Cats
- You must license dogs and cats that are new pets to you or new pets in Wauwatosa.
- All dogs and cats once per year. Licenses expire December 31.
- Proof of rabies vaccination is required before licenses will be issued. License tags must be attached to a collar, and this collar must be kept on the licensed dog or cat.
- You can have a maximum number of 3 pets (a combination of cats and/or dogs).
- Frequent or habitual noises by either dogs or cats may be considered a nuisance and are prohibited.
- You must leash your pet. When leashed, the leash cannot exceed 10 feet in length.
- You have to clean up after your pet.
License Availability & Fees
Licenses are available at the Milwaukee Area Domestic Animal Control Commission (MADACC) or at the Wauwatosa City Hall Treasurer's Office.