We employ 103 personnel that respond out of three fire stations and serve approximately 47,000 residents in a 13 square mile area.
Firefighters work a 56 hour week. We use a 3 platoon system where employees are on duty for 24 hours and then are off duty for 24 hours; employees work three shifts and are off on the fourth shift. Duty hours, work schedules and assignments to a specific platoon are subject to change by administrative directive.
Minimum Requirements to Join Our Team
- Minimum of 18 years old
- High School Graduate, Associates Degree Preferred
- Valid Unrestricted Wisconsin Driver's License
- State of Wisconsin Firefighter I Certification
- State of Wisconsin Emergency Medical Technician License, Paramedic License Preferred
- Current National Registry for EMT Basic or Paramedic
- Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) Dated no Later than 1 year Prior to Conditional Offer
- Applicants will be Required to Certify that they Do Not Smoke Tobacco Products
- If a Veteran, Proof of Honorable Discharge (DD214)
- Excellent Moral Character and Highest Personal Integrity
We are not accepting applications at this time. Please fill out the job interest card to be notified when there is an opening.