We offer a variety of services designed to create a safe environment for our citizens, visitors, and employees. We accomplish this by preventing fires and other hazardous conditions through education and the enforcement of life safety codes.
We take great pride in keeping our community safe. We offer the following services for residents, businesses, and contractors:
- Fire inspections for nearly 2,000 commercial and multi-family buildings.
- Plan review and technical inspection for construction projects.
- Community involvement including station tours, apparatus visits, and car seat installations.
- Home safety visits.
- Educational programs for all ages including fire safety house and remembering when firesafety for older adults.
One of the most common services we perform is providing fire inspections for all:
- Apartment Buildings
Inspections are required by the State of Wisconsin. We identify unsafe conditions that may cause harm to the occupants, employees, or customers.
Inspections are based on adopted fire codes from the State of Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services (DSPS) and the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and benefit:
- Building owners by having a safer building.
- Firefighters by getting to know the buildings.
Another service we provide is plan review and technical inspections of new and remodeling construction projects. This includes items such as:
- Fire Alarm Systems
- Fire Pumps
- Fire Sprinkler Systems
We work with developers and contractors in all phases of the construction project from conceptual meetings to final occupancy.
Inspection appointments require a minimum of 48 hour notice. Call (414) 471-8490 to schedule an appointment.
No appointments will be made on Fridays. Please plan accordingly.
Contractors can apply for permits to ensure that the property they are working on is following current codes. View and download permit applications.