Public Health Information Line
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Monday - Friday
Phone: (414) 479-8936
A member of our staff is available to answer questions or concerns on a variety of public health topics including:
- Providing information on health department programs and community resources
- Conducting a confidential health consultation
- Providing current information on immunization requirements and needs
- Educating about communicable disease prevention
- Answering questions about restaurants and other food establishments
- Providing information about pest and nuisance control in and around your property
- Other environmental or health related topics
Dial 9-1-1 in a Medical Emergency
If you have an urgent public health need during non-office hours, please call the Wauwatosa Police Department non-emergency number at (414) 471-8430, and the appropriate public health authorities will be notified.
We are available 24/7 to respond to a situation that presents a real or potential threat to public health.
Report the following immediately:
- Infectious Disease of Immediate Public Health Concern (List of Reportable Diseases).
- Actual or communicated threats of bioterrorism.
- Restaurant or other food impacted by fire, sewage failure, and/or electrical or water supply interruption.
- Compromised public drinking water supply.
We need this information because we are required by law to report and investigate events that affect the public's health. This is why it is important for us to hear from you when you suspect an uncommon illness or event. To learn more about our requirements, please review Wisconsin State Statute.
Laura Conklin, MPH
Paige Miller, RN, BSN
Laura Stephens, MPH
Public Health Manager
To protect, promote and assure conditions for the health and safety of all residents and visitors of Wauwatosa through the assessment of needs, assisting in the development of public health policies, and the provision of accessible, quality services.
Healthy Community; Value to You; Nationally Recognized; Wauwatosa Health Department
Our Core Values
We achieve a high level of professionalism by demonstrating these values:
- We demonstrate teamwork through collaboration with each other and community partners.
- We value and respect diversity by identifying and minimizing health disparities.
- We honor the public's trust and maintain the highest standards of integrity through accountability and ethics.
- We take a proactive approach in all that we do to meet the needs of our community.
- We value effective, responsive and timely communication in our role as a trusted source of health information.