Mental Health is a priority in Wauwatosa's 2018-2022 Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP). Visit our CHIP to learn how you can get involved in making Wauwatosa a healthier community.
Mental Health Resources
- Wauwatosa Mental Health Resource Guide
- Milwaukee County Safety Net Clinic 2019 Referral Directory - is a comprehensive listing of services in Milwaukee County, including Mental Health Resources.
- Youth Mental Health Resource Guide - from the Wauwatosa School District TEAMS Initiative.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
- Prevent Suicide Greater Milwaukee - is a community coalition providing resources and support to reduce the number of attempted and completed suicides in Milwaukee County.
Mental Health Training Opportunities
Youth Mental Health First Aid (YMHFA) training is an educational program aimed at teaching adults the warning signs of mental health problems in youth. The Wauwatosa School District offers free YMHFA training to any interested Wauwatosa resident. Sign up today.
Learn to recognize the risk factors and warning signs associated with suicidal thoughts and how to offer hope and help with QPR (Question, Persuade, Refer) Gatekeeper Training. Available to parents, friends, teachers, ministers, medical and mental health professionals – anyone who wants to know more about keeping the ones they care about from dying by suicide. QPR Training is led by a Certified QPR Gatekeeper Trainer.
24/7 Mental Health Crisis Line
Call 1(800) 273-8255 to speak with the national suicide prevention lifeline.