Personal Safety and Injury Prevention are priorities in Wauwatosa's 2018-2022 Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP). Visit our CHIP to learn how you can get involved in making Wauwatosa a healthier community.
Home Safety Visits for Older Adults
- Free home visits are available for Wauwatosa residents to address fall and fire injury prevention. See flyer for details.
- Free group presentation on fall and fire injury prevention is available through the Remembering When Program.
Home Safety for Children
Wauwatosa Health Department Public Health Nurses are available for free home safety visits for families with young children. Visits include a home safety evaluation and free home safety items. Call 414-479-8936 for more information
Walk and Bike Safely in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Safe Routes to School
- Wauwatosa Bike and Pedestrian Plan
- How to Walk Safely - An interactive infographic from Safe Kids
Heart Safe Tosa
The Wauwatosa Fire Department is working to make Wauwatosa a Heart Safe community through the training of hands free CPR and AED use. For more information on trainings in the area call 414-471-8490.
Stop the Bleed
Stop the Bleed is an initiative that recognizes bystanders could be an injured person's best chance at survival. You can help until first responders arrive and take over. Froedtert Hospital offers Stop the Bleed courses for any interested citizen. For more information call 414-805-3666.