Transportation Options for Seniors
- Milwaukee County Transit Public Bus Service
- Milwaukee County Transit Plus
- Milwaukee County Department on Aging
- Greater Tosa Interfaith
- File of Life
- Disaster Planning
- Lock Box Program
- Lock boxes provide an alternative to forced entry of your home for emergency responders. The boxes are only accessible by authorized personnel in the event of an emergency. In Wauwatosa, only the Wauwatosa Fire Department has a key that can open the lock box. For further information on purchasing a lock box contact the Fire Department non-emergency number 414-471-8490.
- Telephone Reassurance
- Free service for older adults that live alone to ensure they can maintain a sense of well-being. Volunteers from Interfaith make weekday calls to these individuals to provide a sense of security and safety. For more information call Interfaith at 414-220-8638.
Through the Milwaukee County Department on Aging, we offer lunch Monday through Friday at Hart Park in the Muellner Building. There is a suggested donation of $3. Call at least one day in advance, so that we can submit your lunch order: (414) 289-6995. Learn about dining resources for seniors.
Once a week starting at 12pm on Fridays, there is lunch at City Hall in the Lower Civic Center. Come for lunch and stay for an activity afterwards. We'll watch movies, discuss a book, play BINGO or cards. Become a member of the Senior Club to participate. Learn more through the Wauwatosa Recreation Department or call (414) 471-8495.
- Hospital Stays: Inpatient or Outpatient
- DNR Information from the State of Wisconsin
- Adult Vaccinations -CDC Recommendations
- Medicare Information
Memory Cafés are places where persons with Alzheimer's or dementia can go with their care partners to socialize and have fun with other people going through similar challenges. Cafés provide a time where you do not need to focus on the diagnosis and have a great time connecting with each other as a family or to create new friends. Tosa Bowl and Bun (7212 W. North Ave) is a Memory Café site in Wauwatosa.
Energy Assistance Program
The Energy Assistance Program provides assistance for heating costs, electric costs, and energy crisis situations for qualified Milwaukee County residents. Call 414-270-4653 for eligibility.
Home Renovation Assistance
Revitalize Milwaukee is a nonprofit organization in which skilled and unskilled volunteers repair homes for low-income elderly and/or disabled homeowners who are unable to repair or afford the work themselves. The goal of the program is to address the safety, security, and independence of the homeowner. Guidelines apply. Chosen recipients receive all repairs free of charge. Repairs are completed safely and in compliance with current building code guidelines. For income guidelines and to apply for the program visit the website or call 414-312-7531.