Substance Use is a priority in Wauwatosa's 2018-2022 Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP). Visit our CHIP to learn how you can get involved in making Wauwatosa a healthier community. Our efforts include prevention and risk reduction around opiates, prescription drugs, marijuana, and alcohol use.
Wauwatosa Substance Use Information & Resource Guides
The Wauwatosa Health Department created these guides as a resource for families to learn more about substance use, prevent misuse, and provide local resources for mental health and substance use treatment. The information guide includes information about opioids and prescription drugs.
Other Substance Use Resources:
Tobacco Cessation Programs
If you are ready to quit smoking, the toll-free Quit Line (800) QUIT-NOW offers confidential coaching for anyone who wants to quit smoking.
Youth Prevention & Community Programs
Wisconsin Wins Program
The Wauwatosa Health Department receives grant funding to conduct the Wisconsin Wins Program in Wauwatosa. The goal of the Wisconsin Wins Program is to reduce illegal sales of tobacco to youths.
The program is a collaborative effort between the Wauwatosa Health Department and the Wauwatosa Police Department.
- Wisconsin Wins May 2015 Investigation Results
- Wisconsin Wins November 2015 Investigation Results
- Wisconsin Wins September 2016 Investigation Results
- Wisconsin Wins November 2016 Investigation Results
- Wisconsin Wins October 2017 Investigation Results
- Wisconsin Wins November 2017 Investigation Results
Additional information about statewide tobacco compliance checks can be found at Wisconsin WINS.
Alcohol Compliance Checks
- Wauwatosa Alcohol Compliance Checks Report September 2015
- Wauwatosa Alcohol Compliance Checks Report April 2016
- Wauwatosa Alcohol Compliance Checks Report February 2017
- Wauwatosa Alcohol Compliance Checks Report April 2017
Tosa United is a group that brings community organizations and citizens together to work on the prevention of youth tobacco, alcohol, and substance use. Visit the Tosa United website for more information.