Bicycle Safety Tips
When taking your bike out for a ride, follow these simple steps for a safe ride:
- Ride a bicycle that fits you.
- Do a safety inspection of the brakes, tires and pedals.
- Wear a helmet and good shoes that are tied.
- Ride with a friend on a familiar route, on the right side of the road.
- Keep your speed at a pace that you can control.
- Obey all traffic rules.
- Do not assume the driver of a vehicle sees you. Ride defensively for your own protection.
- Walk your bicycle across a busy intersection.
- Use hand signals to let traffic know where you intend to go.
- Watch for broken glass, potholes, or car doors opening into traffic.
- Lock your bicycle and register it with the police department.
Remember to always let someone know where you are going and what time you plan to return. Be safe and have an excellent bike ride!
Where to Register your Bike
|Police Station||1700 N. 116 St.||(414) 471-8430||8 am - 8 pm|
|Fire Station #1||1601 Underwood Ave.||(414) 471-8490||10 am - 7 pm|
|Fire Station #2||4187 N. Mayfair Rd.||(414) 471-8490||10 am - 7 pm|
|Fire Station #3||10525 Watertown Plank Rd.||(414) 471-8490||10 am - 7 pm|
|Johnson's Cycle and Fitness||6916 W. North Ave.||(414) 476-2341||Store Hours|
For more information regarding the free bicycle registration program, please email the Community Support Division or call (414) 471-8430 ext. 5111.