Officer Involved Critical Incidents
Wisconsin Statute § 175.47 requires that, in the event of the death of an individual as the result of an action or inaction by a law enforcement officer, the ensuing investigation must be conducted by an investigative team from an independent agency.
When the independent agency is the Milwaukee Area Investigative Team (MAIT), and the Wauwatosa Police Department serves as the lead investigative agency for MAIT, it provides a complete report to the prosecutor for review. If the prosecutor determines there is no basis for prosecution of the law enforcement officer, access to the report as required by § 175.47(5)(b) will be posted below. The related investigative file and associated evidence will be made available to the public upon request, in a redacted format, under the Wisconsin Public Records Law (Wis. Stat. §§ 19.31-19.39).
The documents below are posted in the interest of transparency. All other records, including photos and videos, related to these cases can be requested through the normal Wauwatosa Police Open Records process. Please direct your requests to the Wauwatosa Police Department – Records Division, 1700 N. 116 Street, Wauwatosa, WI 53226 or Email.
Milwaukee-West Allis-DEA—Jermaine D. Claybrooks (March 16, 2017)
- Milwaukee-West Allis-DEA / Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office Letter of Findings/Determination of Charging (redactions by DA Office)
- Milwaukee-West Allis-DEA / Cover Letter regarding redactions within MCIT reports
- Milwaukee-West Allis-DEA / Jermaine Claybrooks MCIT Investigative Synopsis
- Milwaukee-West Allis-DEA Investigative Reports_Part 1 of 2
- Milwaukee-West Allis-DEA Investigative Reports_Part 2 of 2
Milwaukee Police—Antwon M. Springer (September 3, 2017)