If you are regularly unable to get your garbage and recycling to the curb you may sign up for a backyard pickup. There is an annual fee for this service. However, this fee may be waived for any household that qualifies for both a medical and financial hardship.
Arrangements for Backyard Recycling Collection Service must be made in the Public Works Department at (414) 471-8422.
Rules and Information
- Subscribers must use city issued garbage carts.
- Residents may obtain backyard collection service at any time during the collection year by paying the full annual fee regardless of the months remaining in that current year. No refunds will be granted during the collection year.
- The renewal application is mailed to the address location of the refuse to be collected.
- Occupants of multiple unit dwellings must mark their containers such as upper/lower or address if applicable.
- Backyard household refuse shall be picked up at one location at each property. It must be outside of buildings and easily accessible to the collectors.
- A three-foot wide path must be open to container locations. This path must be kept free of ice, snow and any other obstructions.