Drop Off Center Not Available During COVID-19
We are limiting access to the Drop Off Center as of March 18 until further notice. However, you will be able to drop off yard waste for free. This part of the yard is open Tuesdays and Saturdays, 7:00 am - 5:00 pm.
The green dot on the map below shows where to drop off yard waste. Enter Walnut Road off of N. 116th Street.
The Drop Off Center is located at 11100 W. Walnut Road. Enter Walnut Road off of N. 116th Street. Do not use the entrance from Mayfair Road.
Drop Off Items
Drop Off Items included with $5 permit
- Recyclable items:
- Plastics #1, #2 and #5
- Aluminum containers
- Glass jars
- Paper products
- Residential clean fill in small amounts (less than a cubic yard), bricks, dirt, sod, concrete, sand, and stone.
- Residential garbage, including bulky furniture, mattresses, box springs, and carpeting
- Residential untreated lumber scraps
- Residential yard waste including brush, branches, leaves, and logs
Fee-based Drop Off Items in addition to permit
- Appliances, laptops, desktop computers and monitors: $30 each
- Televisions: any size flat screen or tube TV, other than listed below: $30 each
- Televisions: projection TVs or wood cabinet TVs (any size), broken tube TVs: $45 each
- Automobile tires: $5 each
- Tires over 16 inches in diameter: $10 each
Drop Off Center Permits
Single Use Permit: $5
- A standard passenger vehicle
- If you have a trailer attached to your vehicle the fee is $5 for each axle on the trailer. For example:
- A loaded pickup and a one axle trailer would require two permits, a $10 fee
- A loaded pickup and a two axle trailer would require three permits, a $15 fee
Annual Yard Waste Only Permit: $20
If you purchase this permit, it is good for one year, and allows you to dispose of:
- Branches under 6 inches in diameter
- Soft plant material
You cannot use this permit to dispose of:
- Branches over six inches in diameter
How to Purchase a Permit
Permits can be purchased at the Department of Public Works Attendant Station (Entrance to Drop Off Center).
11100 W. Walnut Rd.
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
Tuesday- 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
Saturday- 7:30 am- 4:00 pm
Drop Off Center accepted payment forms
- Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express)
Annual Yard Waste Permits can also be purchased at the City of Wauwatosa Treasurer's Office.
7725 W. North Ave.
Wauwatosa, WI 53213
Monday-Friday- 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Treasurer's Office accepted payment forms
- Credit Card (Visa, Master, Discover, American Express)
- Debit Card
Rules & Regulations
- Materials brought into the Drop Off Center have designated receptacles. Please do not mix materials.
- This permit is for household use only, not commercial
- This permit is only valid for the resident whose driver's license matches the address on the permit
- Material dependent fees as described above also apply
- One annual yard waste permit covers one household
- A valid Wisconsin drivers license with a current Wauwatosa address is required to enter the Drop Off Center or purchase any permit
- No refunds will be given for unused permits
- We are not responsible for lost permits
For more information, please email the Department of Public Works Operations Division or call (414) 471-8422.