- We pick up leaves and soft plant material at the curb for all residential properties in Wauwatosa.
- You may begin raking leaves out to the street as early as Monday, October 14.
- You may continue to rake leaves out to the street until Sunday, November 17.
- Sometimes we extend the final rake out date if weather permits. Check our interactive leaf collection map to see the schedule.
- During leaf collection we generally make three passes through the City with one final collection occurring after the final rake out deadline.
Disposal of branches or other woody yard material:
- We don't collect it at the curb during leaf collection.
- You can bring it to the Drop Off Center for $5 per load charge.
- Arrange for a Special Collection at your curb for a fee.
Roadwork & Leaf Collection
If we are paving or doing road work on your street, please do not rake leaves into the street until the final coat of asphalt has been applied. Don't know what this means? Call us at 414-471-8422.
Interactive Leaf Collection Map
Please view our Interactive Leaf Collection Map to see when you can expect us in your neighborhood. 2017 was our first year using this map and we welcome your feedback. Please check back often as the leaf collection schedule can be impacted by weather conditions.
For more information, please email the Department of Public Works Operations Division or call (414) 471-8422.