- Place your garbage and recycling carts at the curb no later than 7 am on your scheduled pick up day.
- The best place to put your garbage or recycling cart is:
- in your driveway apron
- on either side of your driveway apron.
- if your pick-up is in the alley, carts should be placed as close as possible to the alley edge.
- Provide a minimum of three feet of clearance around the cart to provide access for automated equipment.
- We cannot pick up carts blocked by parked cars.
Items Placed Outside of Cart
We cannot pick up items that are placed outside of your garbage and recycling carts.
Types of Carts
- Garbage: Garbage carts have black lids and are collected weekly on your assigned collection day.
- Recycling: Recycling carts have yellow lids and are collected every other week on your assigned collection day.
- Yard waste: You can purchase a cart or garbage container from a local retailer. All yard waste carts should have "Yard Waste" clearly marked on the them.
- Yard waste is picked up on weeks that recycling is not picked up on your assigned collection day.
You should routinely clean the inside of your cart with a soapy water solution to reduce rodent infestation and odors.
Is your garbage or recycling cart damaged? We can replace:
Please call us at 414-471-8422 to request this service.
We cannot service or replace old yard waste carts, but we will collect it:
Cart Replacement & Extra Carts
- If your garbage or recycling cart is damaged, we will replace it for a fee of $52.80.
- If we damaged the cart, and we can't repair it, we will replace the cart free of charge.
- We will not replace old yard waste carts. Please replace the cart with a similar sized unit purchased at a retailer, or use paper yard waste bags.
Extra Garbage & Recycling Carts
Need another cart? A 2nd recycling cart is free! Call us at 414-471-8422 to ask for one. A 2nd garbage cart is $52.80.