Water Business Office Has Moved
If you stop by City Hall to pay your water bill, you will notice a change. The Water Business Office now shares a counter with the Treasurer's department, so you only have to stop at one counter to complete a transaction. This move was done to provide better customer service. If you stop by, say hi!
If you have called 414-479-8963 or 414-471-8480 within the past year, you should have noticed a change. We now have an auto attendant. During business hours, below is a listing of our new prompts:
- To report a water main break or any other drinking water emergency, press 1
- If you received a letter to schedule an appointment, press 2.
- For questions related to your utility bill, press 3.
- For drinking water questions including water quality, water pressure or hydrant meter permits, press 4.
- For office hours and location, press 5.
- For storm water questions, press 6.
- To pay your water utility bill, press 7.
- To repeat this menu, press 9.
If you hit a prompt and receive voicemail, please leave us message. We will return your call.
Advanced Metering Infrastructure
We strive to provide customers with high quality water and high quality service. As part of this ongoing commitment to Wauwatosa customers, we are upgrading water meters with advanced metering infrastructure technology.
There is increasing interest in encouraging water conservation and efficiency to help manage demand and meet critical water supply needs. Using water more efficiently benefits all by:
- Reducing energy and chemical costs
- Avoiding or delaying expensive capital infrastructure investments
- Ensuring that sufficient water is available to promote economic growth and development while supporting healthy ecosystems
- Preserving valuable water resources for future generations
If you stop by City Hall, we have information at the counter to provide tips to help conserve water.
Learn more about water conservation: