What is Harvest of the Month?
Looking for tips on how to use more in-season fruits and vegetables? Each month, the Wauwatosa Health Department will be highlighting a fresh fruit or vegetable in order to encourage healthy eating.
Consuming fruits and vegetables and regular exercise lowers the risk of developing many chronic diseases and can also help with weight management. Daily recommendations for adults: east at least two servings of fruits and three servings of vegetables per day.
According to the 2015 Wauwatosa Community Health Survey:
- 77% of respondents reported eating 2+ servings of fruits per day.
- 37% of respondents reported eating 3+ servings of vegetables per day.
Harvest of the Month
- January 2019 - Spinach / download recipe
- February 2019 - Sweet Potatoes / download recipe
- March 2019 - Cabbage / download recipe
Tosa Community Partners
- Hart Park Senior Center
- The Lutheran Home
- Wauwatosa Library